Located just off I-44 at Exit 195 half way between Saint Louis and Springfield/Branson and an hour from Jefferson City, Pheasant Acres RV Park is easily accessible from all directions.
- 5 SEASONAL Full Hookup Sites. 50/30/20 Amp Sites #1 - 5
- 6 SEASONAL Full Hookup Sites, 30/20 Amp Sites 6 - #11
- 10 YEAR ROUND Full Hookup Sites, 30/20 Amp Sites #12 -21
- 3 SEASONAL Elec/Water Sites, 30/20 Amp Sites #22 - 24
- 2 Primitive tent 20 Amp Elec Sites A - B
- All sites have patio, picnic table, fire pit
SEASONAL means during the off-season from 2nd weekend of November to April 15* those sites are electric and sewer ONLY
*HOWEVER - dependent upon the weather - the water may be
turned on as early as the end of March.
YEAR ROUND means the sites are full hookup all year long. Winter campers will need to know how to camp in below freezing weather, using heat tape on frost free hydrants, how to keep underbelly tanks from freezing, procuring their own propane.
TENTERS...HUNTERS during winter bow season...will have access to water and electric in off-season and use of our 'comfort station', you know the one with the moon on the door.
- We are just a quick 2.2 mile drive to Maramec Spring Park and excellent year round trout fishing
- A short 5.5 mile drive from the quaint Route 66 town of Saint James on I-44 at Exit 195
- AND...the historic Trail of Tears crossed our property back in 1838...a lot of history to discover here.
WiFi...Info Regarding Gaming, Streaming, Document Transfers:
PARV's location in the 'boonies', so to speak, limits the amount of
Mbps that can be provided by CenturyLink, the only provider in our area. The biggest package I can get is 10 Mbps. Each computer/cell phone, x-box, will use approximately 1 Mbps. Streaming of movies, downloading/uploading files will use the Mbps like crazy. Typically one electronic device (i.e., a computer) will use 1 Mbps. You can do the math to understand that it wouldn't take long if PARV is full of campers, adults, teens and kids, to use up the Mbps. So, if you are attempting to stream a movie on Netflix, or your teen brought their X- Box gaming system, or you play Candy Crush non-stop, you can see that the bandwidth of 10 Mbps will be used quickly, thus slowing down the speed/reception on your electronics. I wish there was a better answer, but being so far from services we are lucky to have what we have. in 2011 we couldn't even get cell phone service down at the trout park. Many campers travel with their own hotspots like Verizon's JetPak, KarmaGo, or Spring's hot spot. Then you are guaranteed security and faster service...anywhere you travel. I personally use JetPak and it works great when I am on the road.
Maramec Spring Park is open YEAR ROUND for fishing, has a trout hatchery, museums, historic drive, restaurant, playground and picnic pavilions in a beautiful park setting dotted with remnants from the old Massey Iron Works Foundry and Furnace.
- Catch 'n Keep Fishing - March 1 to October 31
- Catch 'n Release Fishing - 2nd Friday in November to 2nd Monday in February, Daily from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Kids Fishing Day - Saturday after Mother's Day
- Veteran's Fishing Clinic - June, check with us
- Free Fishing Weekend - Saturday before Father's Day
- Ladies Fishing Day - 2nd Saturday in September
- Old Iron Works at Maramec Spring Park - 2nd Full weekend of Oct
- Derby Day - Last Saturday in October
Our way of donating money to the Heritage Foundation
of the Missouri Department of Conservation
for fishing events at Maramec Spring Park.
Check out the fun, event dates. Donate $15 for use of a loaner PINK BARBIE POLE. Fish from beginning whistle for 1 and a half hours. Heaviest stringer of trout wins half the pot with other half being donated to special events at Maramec Spring Park through the Missouri Heritage Foundation.
Check here to see information for seasonal site rental. Make it easy on yourself to come camping up to 15 days a month.
Rental cabin available, furnished with all the necessities. Check here to see photos and check prices.
Check here to see availability of sites. Holidays and Special Event Weekends at Maramec Spring Park tend to book up in advance.
Make your plans to enjoy some of the many monthly events happening throughout the local area, from car shows to wine walks to blue grass music to parades. The city park offers a great fishing lake, a new public swimming pool, tennis courts and picnic pavilions.
No one likes campground cookouts more than our campers. Bring a dish to share and enjoy good company, and finish the evening sitting by the roaring campfire spinning tall tales.
Woodson K. Woods Memorial Preserve, 5,000+ acres, is open for archery season November 1 to January 15 for turkey and deer. Luckily our campground borders Woodson on two sides, for easy access. We have hunting rates for campers.
We are happy to give our campers very clean restrooms. Click to see what we mean.
HOLIDAYS: 3 DAY Guarantee Only
Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day are 3 day guarantee. Call to make your reservation to secure your site.